WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
The sportstation entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on how you interact with our Sites and Apps and where you are located in the world.
The relevant sportstation affiliate(s) and sportstation company are referred to as “sportstation” or “we”.
WHAT Personal Data We Collect and WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the services you request. For example, when you save your run results, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or challenges, or interact with our Sites or use our Apps. This personal data includes your:
· Contact details including name (pseudonym), email
· Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
· Personal details including gender and date of birth, if you specify this
· Images, photos and videos
· Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements) if you specify this
· Fitness activity data provided by you or generated through our Sites or Apps (time, duration, distance, location, pace/stride)
· Personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preference
We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our Sites and Apps or services. For example, we request access to your phone’s geolocation data in order to match your run with an event, to your contacts to enable you to interact with your friends, to your calendar to schedule your events or request access to your social network credentials in order to post content from an App to a social network. This personal data includes your:
· Movement data from sportstation sensors
· Photos, contacts and calendar information
· Sensor data, including (GPS) location data
· Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about sportstation or your communications with us
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, data is automatically collected and shared with sportstation by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example, your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with sportstation as those devices interact with sportstation’s Sites or Apps. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below. This data includes:
· Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
· Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
Tools to Manage What We Collect
When using our Apps, we also inform you about our collection through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the App experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW We Use (Process) Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the event or promotion.
If you use our Apps to track your run results or physical characteristics, we will collect this data and store it so that you can review it in the App. Your run results may include data you enter about your activity as well as data collected by sportstation device or your mobile device during the course of your activity such as location data and movement data. We may use this run results to calculate further information about your activity, such as running distance, reaction times, dribbling technique, sprint speeds, coordination, so that the calculated information can be provided to you as part of the functionality of the App.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites, Apps, and services you may need to provide sportstation with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to use the heart rate tracking features of our Apps, you may need to connect a heart rate monitoring device to the experience; to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you create a sportstation user account, we may use the information you provide as well as information from other sportstation sources, such as your use of sportstation’s Sites and Apps, your visits to, your participation in sportstation events and contests (possibly through other sportstation affiliates or partners) to send you personalized communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, we may use data about how you use our services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and Services to understand user behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to sportstation.fit search for and find information and service to improve our service range.
Use (Processing) of Fitness Activity and Physical Characteristic Data
As discussed above, sportstation may collect data about your running activity or your run data in order to provide our Apps and other services. Because of this intimate nature of this data, we strive to provide you with clear information about how this data will be used. As this data may be considered sensitive in certain jurisdictions, we take appropriate measures in protecting and using this data and, where required by applicable law or under sportstation’s internal policies, obtain your consent for use.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Sportstation shares your personal data with:
· Sportstation affiliates and/or subcontractors for the purposes outlined above
· Third party service providers processing personal data on sportstation’s behalf managing and servicing our data, distributing emails, researching and analysing, managing brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain social features on our Sites or Apps, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your sportstation activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing sportstation’s social sharing to control what information you make available through sportstation’s social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
· Encryption & Security: We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems.
· International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Sites and Apps will be stored in the EUROPE.
Some of the data recipients with whom sportstation shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the USA, we will protect that information as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements and ensure adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
· Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
· Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to withdraw your consent with respect to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your data and to modification or deletion, in the event your data as stored by us are incorrect or otherwise unlawful.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Sportstation receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies. More information on the identity of these third parties and their privacy policies is provided below.
· Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
· Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
· Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through sportstation Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Google analytics - EN
Sportstation.fit uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses 'cookies' (see Section, above). The information about your visit collected by the cookies, including your IP address, is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. To the extent that the sportstation Sites has activated IP anonymization, Google first abbreviates your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will use the information collected on behalf of the website operator to evaluate your use of sportstation Sites, to compile reports about your activities within the sportstation Sites, and to provide further services to sportstation related to use of the sportstation Sites and Internet use. Google will under no circumstances associate the IP address transmitted by your browser within the operations of Google Analytics with other Google data.
USING sportstation Sites and Apps with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Sites and Apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Sites and Apps can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking, social networks, music streaming services and other digital services.
If you choose to connect your sportstation account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your sportstation activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Sites and Apps may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Sites and Apps. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and regularly check for any changes. This Policy was last modified in February 2017.
QUESTIONS and Feedback